Your service department is the foundation of the dealership. In fact, according to the National Automobile Dealer Association (NADA), 2018 mid-year service and parts sales are up by $1.65 billion when compared to 2017.
That usually means that advisors are busy writing orders, and service bays are humming with profitable work. As a result, now is a good time to make sure that your operation is optimized. And to that end, Greg Dryden — industry expert and Dealer-FX Vice President of Client Optimization — will hold two special sessions at NADA 2019. They’ll cover several actionable insights, and show you how to do the following:
- Identify gaps in current service department processes. Tasks like booking appointments, conducting the service write-up, inspection, and parts management.
- Calculate the impact on business, caused by gaps and breakdowns in their processes.
- Formulate a plan to address gaps in the customer experience while increasing throughput, capacity and parts and service revenue.
- Solve issues with parts specifying to drive overall efficiency in their service department.
- Structure pay plans that drive the behaviors required to drive key performance metrics for their dealership.
- Implement a plan to improve the experience at every touchpoint with the customer. That will help to drive customer satisfaction, retention and brand loyalty/repurchase.
Understanding areas of opportunity in your growing service business are the first step toward improving the process and, ultimately, creating a more profitable experience. Objectives such as these only happen through actionable best practices, shown and discussed by an industry expert. Be sure to save time to attend one or both sessions.
NADA Session: Service Department Effectiveness for the 21st Century
At NADA 2019 in San Francisco, Dealer-FX Vice President of Client Optimization, Greg Dryden, will illustrate the changing behaviors of consumers and how dealership service departments can optimize to increase their business. Greg began his career in the automotive industry more than 25 years ago, as a Certified Master Technician. Since then, he has worked in almost every role in the dealership. At the OEM level, Greg has helped develop training programs for field staff, trainers, and dealership personnel for leading OEMs including Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA Group), Audi, Mazda, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Suzuki, General Motors, Mitsubishi, and Subaru.
During NADA, he will illustrate best practices across two days at the convention, discussing the following questions:
- How close are you to being able to deliver a completely digital service experience?
- How does a dealership use technology to create a frictionless service experience?
- Which digital services hold the key to meeting new customer expectations?
Attendees will leave the sessions with a plan to enhance the customer experience while making service departments more efficient and profitable. Indeed, you will be able to begin your plan by attending this one-hour session. There are two sessions to choose from:
- Session 1:
When: Thursday, January 24, 2019
Time: 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Department: NADA Fixed Ops
- Session 2:
When: Saturday, January 26, 2019
Time: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Department: NADA Fixed Ops
Click here to learn more about Service Department Effectiveness for the 21st Century check out the NADA 2019 Workshop Schedule and filter by Fixed Ops. Dealer-FX will be exhibiting at NADA 2019 in booth #3625S. See you in San Francisco!
How Can Dealer-FX Help?
At Dealer-FX, our mission is to help automotive brands and dealerships transform the customer experience by providing leading-edge technology solutions that create an exceptional and efficient service experience. How can we help you?
Click here to learn more about Dealer-FX.