Protection of your personal information is of the utmost importance to us. Personal information is any information that can identify you as an individual.
Pour consulter notre politique de confidentialité en français, cliquez ici:
What Personal Information We Collect
As a digital platform, Dealer-FX collects three types of personal information:
- When you visit our website, cookies automatically collect certain technical information about your visit:
- Session cookies identify your browser and recognize it from page to page so you don’t get asked the same questions on every page. They help your navigation of the site to make it easy. They are erased when you leave our website.
- Google Analytics cookies help us measure how users interact with our website content: what pages are most visited and for how long, for example. These cookies help us improve our website.
- We do not allow third-parties to place cookies on our website so we do not sell your personal information.
- TO OPT-OUT: You can disable cookies through your browser, but then, every time you move to a new web page, you will be treated as a new visitor.
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, contact us, or fill out forms on our website, such as the “Let Us Know How We Can Reach You” form, we may collect your name, email address, company name, phone number, and the content of any messages you choose to send us.
- When customers of our dealership clients book an appointment or communicate with the dealership through our digital solutions, we collect the information they enter into and receive from the dealership on that digital solution.
In all cases, we do not collect any more than we need to provide our services.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
On the website, we collect technical information about your visit to:
- Help diagnose problems with our server
- Improve our products and services
- Administer our website
- Report information about our website traffic to our clients and partners
- Keep track of your account information
- Deliver content specific to you
- Gather demographic information
- When you contact us, we collect the information you provide us to:
- Respond to your inquiries
- Provide you with the requested information, such as our newsletter
- Provide you with information about us, or information on behalf of our clients and advertisers
When you use our digital solutions, we collect the information you provide to receive dealership services, such as booking an appointment, identifying mechanical issues to focus on, or any other type of communication you want to have with your dealership.
Where Your Personal Information is Stored
Your personal information is stored on the AWS cloud, which is certified to receive information from European residents, through the EU-US Privacy Shield, and is certified under ISO Standard 27018 Code of practice for protecting privacy in the cloud.
Since your information can be located in the US, it may be subject to the laws of general application in the U.S.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With
We may hire third-party service providers to help us provide our products and services to you, such as web host providers or payment processors. Third-party service providers with access to your personal information are legally required to protect your personal information to the same level we do. We make sure they do through our contracts with them.
We will not disclose your personal information to any other third parties without your knowledge and consent except in the rare cases where we may be required to do so by law, and even then, we ensure the request for access to personal information is made with lawful authority.
Please note that our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites and recommend that you review their respective privacy policies to protect yourself as you navigate the internet.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We have mechanisms in place specifically to safeguard your personal information. For example:
- We have designated employees who are responsible for developing and implementing privacy practices and ensuring compliance
- We provide access to your personal information on a strictly need-to-know basis
- We ensure our staff are well-trained with respect to their privacy obligations
- We have physical and technological safeguards in place to protect your information, such as encryption and firewalls and we store information on the very secure AWS cloud.
How To Request Access, Correction, Or Deletion of Your Personal Information
If you have a Dealer-FX account, you can always update your personal information as necessary when you log in. In addition, our newsletters and accounts contain easy unsubscribe options that, when used, trigger the deletion of your attached personal information.
Otherwise, to request access, correction or deletion of your personal information. Please call us at 877-493-0039 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to your request within 30 days, or within a maximum of 90 days where an extension is required and permitted by law. We will either grant your request or provide you with the legally permissible reason why we cannot grant it, such as where the information could include personal information about another individual.
- Email if you have provided us with your email address; or
- Posting a notice of the change on our website
If you have questions or concerns about how your personal information is protected at Dealer-FX, please contact email@example.com.
If you still have concerns, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.